Orbis Global is an award-winning software company led by successful start-up entrepreneurs. Darren Stephenson from Kirribilli Partners started supporting Orbis Global with a mission to design and implement a people culture program that would underpin the expansion of the company into Europe and the USA.
The company had a strong results oriented workplace culture however the CEO, Grant Halloran, wanted the culture to be defined, to underpin performance of the company and to be able to measure the impact of culture on the P&L.
Our co-design tailored approach
- The entire company participated in a values definition exercise, finally arriving at five core Values.
- Next we defined United Leadership behaviours that aligned to these values. This recognises that a great workplace culture is created when people behave in accord with what they believe to be important (the Values).
- The United Leadership behaviours were embedded in performance plans.
- Regular communication and the introduction of inclusive all-staff initiatives helped everyone in the team ‘stay aligned’ with the strategic direction of the company.
- Recruitment decisions included a stronger review of cultural fit, not just technical expertise.
- A Leadership Development program for technical specialists was implemented to build confidence in leading others.
- Overt recognition of good work and the fostering of Quarterly and Annual ‘Living by Our Values’ awards (nominated by peers).
With the support of Kirribilli Partners Orbis Global was ranked by BRW as one of the “Top 50 Best Places to Work”, had expanded to the USA and Europe, recording incredible annual growth.
Orbis Global has since been acquired by Infor, one of the world’s leading providers of business software and services, with more than 70,000 customers in 194 countries.
Keys to success: strong leadership and unwavering commitment from the CEO and senior executive; Kirribilli Partners built trust and rapport with everyone in the team; staff were included at every step and given unprecedented ability to influence the workplace culture.
Grant Halloran CEO – “Kirribilli Partners has been instrumental in developing and implementing pragmatic people culture programs that have made our company a ‘Great Place to Work’ (Voted one of BRW’s Best Places to Work) Darren Stephenson (Director and Founder of Kirribilli Partners) has helped us build leadership capability across all levels of our business which has significantly improved our business results.”